Summary PMH terms and conditions of hire
The Hirer, not being a person under 21 years of age, accepts responsibility for ensuring that all conditions under this Agreement, relating to the management and supervision of their guests at the PMH are met.
The Hirer shall not sub-hire to another party, use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful or unsuitable purpose.
The Committee wish to maintain the decorative order of the hall. Whilst Hirers may wish to decorate the hall, please limit the use of adhesive tape or blue tac to glossed surfaces and not apply it to the walls.
No under 21-year-old parties will be permitted without the express permission of the Committee.
The Hirer shall, during the period of the hire, be responsible for:
- supervision of the premises and the conduct of guests.
- the cost of repair of any damage (including accidental and malicious damage) to any part of the premises – evening party hire will require a refundable deposit of £100.
- the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity.
The Hirer shall ensure that:
- the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure of guests, particularly late at night and early in the morning.
- excessive noise which may interfere with neighbouring properties, may be treated as a breach of conditions and lead to the loss of deposit and/or cancellation of future bookings without refund.
4. Health and hygiene
The Hirer shall:
- if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
- ensure that their guests comply with the prohibition of smoking in public places provisions of the Health Act 2006. Any person who breaches this provision shall be asked to leave the premises.
- ensure used disposable nappies are not deposited in PMH bins.
The Hirer acknowledges the following matters:
- the action to be taken in event of fire. This includes calling the Fire Brigade and evacuating the hall.
- the location and use of fire equipment.
- escape routes and the need to keep them clear.
- that they have adequate support in place for those with additional needs such as mobility.
5. End of hire - cleaning and rubbish disposal
A booking or function must terminate in time for the building to be fully vacated by the stipulated finishing time. This includes any clearing up activities. Please ensure that when booking, you have included sufficient time for setting up and clearing away. Booking times must be strictly adhered to so that they do not interfere with other hirers.
A mandatory cleaning charge of £35 is applied to party bookings, to cover the cost of basic caretaking (floor mopping, toilet and kitchen cleansing and vacuuming), in preparation for the use of the hall by others.
The Hirer is expected to
- clear away all rubbish in the appropriate bin, landfill or recycling. Failure to adequately sort and separate rubbish will prevent its collection by refuse services.
- for leaving the premises and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition, replacing any tables and chairs to their storage area.
Failure to adhere to these conditions will result in a deduction from booking deposits being applied